Alan offers the Alan Playground — a mobile application that allows you to quickly preview and evaluate how voice assistants built with Alan work, as well as test your voice assistants for web, iOS or Android.
The Alan Playground can run on iOS- and Android-based mobile devices. Download the Alan Playground application for iOS or Android and install it on your device. You can then use it for getting familiar with Alan app examples or testing your voice scripts. ALternatively, you can test voice scripts in the app.
In the Alan Playground, you can experiment with premade scripts, such as the CRM or Weather application. Each of these applications provides basic services and utilizes the script functionality described in Server API.
To evaluate premade scripts in the Alan Playground:
- Launch the Alan Playground on your mobile device.
- In the Projects section, tap the script you want to evaluate.
- For each script, Alan provides short instructions on how to get started with voice. Follow them to start your customer journey with a voice interface.
Most of Alan premade scripts have widgets with visuals that accompany the voice experience. Stay tuned for upcoming updates on implementing your own custom widgets!
You can test a voice script you have created in the Alan Studio with the Alan Playground.
- In the Alan Studio, open the project you want to test and at the top of the code editor, click Playground.
You will see a screen containing a QR code and basic information about your script.
On your mobile device, launch the Alan Playground and tap Scan QR Code. Then scan the QR code in the Alan Studio with the device camera.
The QR scanner only works for QR codes scanned directly from the Playground screen in the Alan Studio. Do not scan screenshots of the QR code.
The Alan Playground will open your application. You can tap the Alan button in the bottom right corner of the screen and test your voice script by giving voice commands.
You can also connect to your voice script in the Alan Playground using the Debugging Chat. In this case, all voice commands and responses will be sent to the Debugging Chat, which will help you to troubleshoot the voice script in a more convenient way. For details, see Connecting from mobile device.
If you already have the Alan button embedded to your app, you can use the QR code in the Playground section to test a specific voice script in the Alan Studio directly in the app launched on your device. This option can be used for debugging purposes.
To test a voice script in an app:
- On your device, run the app with the Alan button.
- In the Alan Studio, open the project with the script you want to test and at the top of the code editor, click Playground.
- In the app on the device, tap the Alan button and hold it for 8 seconds. The device camera will be activated.
- With the device camera, scan the QR code displayed in the Playground section.
As a result, the app will connect to the voice script of the project. You can now test it in the app.