To activate the Alan button and start voice interaction, you need to activate the Alan button. You can do it in the following ways:
- Click or tap the Alan button displayed on top of the application UI.
- Use the wake word. This method works for iOS and Android platforms and can only be used if the Enable "Hey Alan" wakeword option is enabled in Alan Studio.
- Use the activate() method for the Alan button to activate it programmatically
To deactivate the Alan button and stop voice interaction, do either of the following:
- Click or tap the Alan button
Say one of the following phrases:
Thank you Alan
Alan thank you
- Use the deactivate() method for the Alan button to deactivate it programmatically
You can deactivate the Alan button with voice only while Alan is listening to you. If you say one of the above phrases while Alan is saying something, the Alan button will not be deactivated.