Alan collects statistics on how users interact with your application with voice. You can analyze this data to see if the voice interface is well designed and notice points that may require your attention. Alan Analytics is a useful tool that can give you clues to optimize the dialog flow and find shortcuts to let users get faster with the voice.
In the Alan Studio, analytics data is presented in two views:
When you log in to the Alan Studio, you can see a dashboard with all projects that you have. The project widgets provide high-level statistics on user interactions.
To view and filter data, you can use the following options:
- To switch between environments, click the Dev, Test or Prod tab in the widget.
- To switch between views, in the left part of the chart, select the necessary view: Interactions & Recognized, Session & Mic Time, Users & Sessions or User Cities. You can also click carousel controls under the chart.
- To define the reporting period, in the right part of the chart, select the necessary time span: 1 Day, 2 Days, 1 Week or 1 Month.
To get detailed statistics on user interactions, you can use the Analytics view in the project. In addition to data displayed in the projects dashboard, the Analytics view displays anonymized speech to text logs showing user utterances. So, you can analyze what users are saying keeping their privacy in mind.
To open the Analytics view:
- In the Alan Studio, open the project for which you want to view statistics.
- At the top of the code editor, click Analytics.
The Analytics view presents the following widgets:
- Interactions & Recognized: total number of user interactions vs. recognized utterances
- Session and Mic Time: total session time vs. amount of time for which the microphone was active
- Users & Sessions: number of user sessions and unique users
- Users by Locations: widget displaying users’ geographic location
- Users: number of users interacting with the application
- Dialogs: dialogs that users had
- Patterns: utterances that users pronounced
- Interactions: list of all user interactions
To filter data in the Analytics view, you can use the following options:
- To switch between environments, at the top of the Analytics view, click the environment button and select the necessary environment: Development, Testing or Production.
- To select the reporting period, from the Analytics period list, select the necessary time span: Daily, Weekly or Monthly. Then use the timeline to the right to select the necessary day, week or month.
The Interactions widget may be a great source of information since it displays all user utterances as a list. To get the required data slice, you can filter data in the following way:
- To filter unrecognized, input or output interactions, use the filter options at the top of the widget.
- To filter interactions by dialog or pattern, in the Dialogs or Pattern widget, select the necessary row.
- To filter interactions by entities in user utterances, for example, by number, location or some item, in the interactions list, click the filter icon next to the necessary entity.