Alan collects statistics on how users interact with the assistant in your app through voice. Using this information, you can analyze key points of conversational data to:
- Understand users' behavior and flows
- Identify unhandled requests and find shortcuts to let users get faster with the voice
- Optimize the voice assistant effectiveness
Voice analytics is presented in two views in Alan Studio:
When you log in to Alan Studio, you can see a dashboard with all projects that you have on your account. The project widgets provide high-level statistics on voice interactions.
To view and filter data, you can use the following options:
- To switch between environments, click the Dev, Test or Prod tab in the widget.
- To switch between views, in the left part of the chart, select the necessary view: Interactions & Recognized, Session & Mic Time, Users & Sessions or User Cities. You can also click carousel controls under the chart.
- To define the reporting period, in the right part of the chart, select the necessary time span: 1 Day, 2 Days, 1 Week or 1 Month.
The Analytics view for your voice project displays aggregated voice statistics and anonymized speech to text logs of users' utterances. Here, you can see what your target audience is, how your users behave and what they say keeping their privacy in mind.
To open the Analytics view:
- In Alan Studio, open the project for which you want to view voice analytics.
- At the top of the code editor, click Analytics.
To work with data, you can use the following options:
- To switch between environments, at the top of the Analytics view, click the environment button and select the necessary environment: Development, Testing or Production.
- To select the reporting period, from the Analytics period list, select the necessary time span: Daily, Weekly or Monthly. Then use the timeline to the right to select the necessary day, week or month.
- To display the latest voice data in widgets, click Refresh Data.
The Analytics view presents the following widgets:
- Interactions and Recognized
- Session and Mic Time
- Users and Sessions
- Users by Location
- Users with Dialogs
- Pattern Flow
This widget displays the total number of users' utterances vs. utterances that Alan was able to recognize and match. Hover over the bar in the chart to see the exact number of utterances for a specific period.
This widget displays the total session time vs. the amount of time for which the microphone was active. Hover over the bar in the chart to see the session duration for a specific period.
This widget displays the total number of unique users and users' sessions. Hover over the bar in the chart to see the exact number of sessions for a specific period.
This widget displays users’ geographic locations. Hover over a circle on the map to learn about the actual number of users, voice interactions and connections to the voice assistant in a specific location.
This widget displays the number of users interacting with the voice assistant in the app and detailed statistics for these users, including:
- Platform from which the user joined
- Time of the latest connection
- User's location
- Number of dialogs
- Recognized, unrecognized interactions and errors in dialogs
- Latest request to the voice assistant
This widget displays the dialogs that users had with the voice assistant. To show all dialogs for a specific user, in the Users with dialogs widget, select the user line.
This widget allows you to analyze how the conversation flows: where users start, continue and finish the dialog with the voice assistant. It helps you understand the users' behavior and design a successful voice experience.
The widget visualizes patterns as segments laid out around the circle with arrows going between them. To see the flow for a specific pattern, hover over the corresponding segment. Alan will display the previous and next patterns in the dialog.
You can also get the following information:
- Pattern frequency: The segment length indicates the frequency of the pattern use: the more often the pattern was matched, the longer the segment is.
- Flow frequency: The arrow width indicates the frequency of the flow use: the more often the pattern sequence was followed, the wider the arrow is.
To see the exact number of pattern matches or users following a specific sequence, hover over the segment or arrow and notice the number in the box in the top left corner of the widget.
This widget displays all patterns of the voice commands that users gave, the number of matches and the match scores. Click the script name or line number to the right to go to the necessary script or block code in the code editor.
This widget displays the list of all users' interactions.
The Interactions widget may be a great source of information as it displays the transcript for all dialogs with all users. To get the required data slice, you can filter data in the following way:
- To filter unrecognized, input or output interactions, use the filter options at the top of the widget.
- To filter interactions by dialog or pattern, in the Dialogs or Pattern widget, select the necessary line.
- To filter interactions by entities in users' utterances, for example, by number, location or an item, in the interactions list, click the filter icon next to the necessary entity.