To start working with Alan Studio, you need to create a project in it. One project contains one or more voice scripts for a single application, page or service for which you are building a voice interface. If you want to add voice to several applications, you need to create a separate project for each of them.
To create a project:
- Sign in to Alan Studio.
- In the main view, click Create Voice Assistant.
- Select to create an empty project or choose a premade example project provided by Alan.
- If you create an empty project, in the Project Name field, enter the project name and click Create.
You can add predefined scripts to your project or create custom scripts for your application. For details, see Voice scripts.
If necessary, you can rename or delete a project.
- To rename a project, in the top right corner of the project widget, click the options icon and select Rename.
- To delete a project, in the top right corner of the project widget, click the options icon and select Delete.
When you delete a project, all scripts you have in the project are permanently deleted as well. You may want to save your scripts beforehand. For details, see Exporting scripts.
In some cases, you may need to restart the project dialog on the server side. This can happen, for example, if the dialog freezes up and fails to respond at all. When you restart a project, Alan closes the dialog container on the server in the cloud and restarts the dialog in a new one.
The dialog container is restarted for a specific environment — Development, Testing or Production.
To restart a project:
- In Alan Studio, open the project.
- At the top of the code editor, click Integrations.
- At the top of the view, select the environment for which you want to restart the project: Development, Testing or Production.
- At the bottom of the view, click Restart Virtual Machine.