To add Alan's voice to a Microsoft Power Apps project, you need to do the following:
- Get the Alan SDK for Power Apps
- Add the Alan Button Component to your app
- Provide the Alan SDK key.
- Save, publish and share your app
At present, Alan's voice assistants for Power Apps can communicate with users by the dialog created in Alan Studio. Sending commands to the app and using the Alan Client API methods are not supported.
First, you need to get the Alan Power Apps SDK and import it to the Power Apps Studio.
- Open the Alan Power Apps SDK release page on Alan GitHub.
- Download the
AlanButtonComponent.zipfile from the latest release.
- Log in to the Power Apps Studio. In the left menu, select Solutions.
- On the command bar at the top, select Import.
- On the Import a solution page, click Browse and select the ZIP file you have downloaded.
- Proceed with import using the default options. At the last step, click Import. For more details on importing components, see Import Solutions.
You need to add the Alan Button Component you have obtained to your Power Apps project.
- In the left menu of the Power Apps Studio, click Apps.
- Create a new app or open an existing app to which you want to add Alan's voice.
- Go to Insert > Custom > Import component.
- On the Import components page, open the Code tab, select the Alan Button Component and click Import.
- In the left menu, click the plus icon, expand Code components and click Alan Button Component to add it to your app.
You do not need to define the Alan button position — the button is automatically set in the bottom right corner of the screen.
You need to define the Alan SDK key of your Alan Studio project in the Alan Button Component properties.
- In Alan Studio, go to Integrations and copy the value from the Alan SDK Key field.
- In the Power Apps Studio, select the Alan Button Component added to your app.
- In the Controls pane, open the Advanced tab and in the alanSdkKey field, paste the key value you have copied inside the quotes.
After you add the Alan button to your project, you can publish and share your app to let users communicate with it through voice:
- To preview the app, click its name in the apps list or select the app and on the command bar, click the Play button.
- To save and publish the app, from the File menu, select Save as and choose the destination: Cloud or Your computer. For details, see Save and publish a canvas app in Power Apps.
- To share the app, select it in the apps list and on the command bar, click the Share button. For details, see Share a canvas app in Power Apps.